Thursday, May 28, 2015

Definitely a Scam/Spam - Domain Service Notice


As a new blogger, an e-mail like this is quite alarming
and I know for a fact that I should share this to others,
especially to those who have just put up their websites.
An e-mail like this might get you a bit panicky
but your mind must always be set to check for facts.



If you get something like this, check the sender first.
On this case, it was from domains@listingdomainreg.com.
The name might sound a bit legit at first but as I told you,
your mind must always be set to check for facts
and this is what I got from domain checking websites:




In other words, the e-mail was a scam/spam!
No wonder they were asking for me to pay their so called
"package" via Credit/Debit card only.

If in case you encounter suspicious e-mails or even
websites that offer stuff, you may simply search for reviews
or check the domains via AuditCapital or ScamAdviser.
I always find them useful and I hope you will too.
I also found out from forums that the sender of the e-mail
had been targeting newly registered domains.

Feel free to share this if you want to help others stay away
from online scam and/or spam. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment