Tuesday, May 19, 2015

REVIVE Spirits, RESTORE the Environment, and REBUILD Education!


Early this morning, I got a message from my good friend Jessa.
She asked if I wanted to donate for the benefit of children in Samar and Leyte
together with an attachment of the flier you see above.


Well, just like any normal person would do, I checked the
Read for Hope Page before deciding whether to donate or not.
Then, I learned that the May 21 to 24, 2015 event was actually the second time
they would be implementing the project which would benefit
Cabuynan Elementary School (Tanauan Leyte),
Guiuan National High School Guiuan, Samar, and Hernani, Leyte.

And for a brief background, this was the project description indicated on their page:
Read for Hope 2.0 levels up its volunteerism efforts
for the people affected by the typhoon Haiyan.
The volunteers, mostly young professionals
will be going to select schools of Leyte and Samar
primarily for its advocacy of spreading hope through love for stories.
The project includes variety of other activities such as mangrove farming;
basic computer literacy for teachers and building resiliency seminar
for high school students.

Hence, I have decided to donate...☺
I am also encouraging others to donate as well.
I understand that not everyone would be able to donate
for a cause like this, but at least sharing this post
would help reach others who also have the heart to help those kids
by donating small amount for the implementation of Read for Hope 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment